Monday, July 9, 2012

End of an Era

When hubby and I got married, 10 years ago, we spent about 2 years in Auburn.  When hubby joined the military, we moved to Ft Stewart, on the other side of Georgia.  Thankfully, some gentleman members of the church came together to help us lift the heavy stuff...  that is one of the things the Elders Quorum is good at: manual labor and heavy lifting.  Unbeknownst to us, a fairly new member of the ward came and helped out.  We didn't know at the time, but he would help to move our belongings not once, but four times between our comings and goings.  Thankfully, during our time in the area, we were able to make good friends with him and his wife, and later their 2.5 children.  We spent many an evening in their company, partaking in good food and desserts, as well as playing board games with each other.  And before you ask, we are not in the slightest bit competitive.  There was no score keeping or embargoing of goods...  Maybe. 

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and our good friends finally graduated from their respective programs and found gainful employment elsewhere.  I will miss their fabulous sense of humor, their tolerance of our imperfections, and the company of their family. 

A few days before the movers came to take their personal belongings, we were able to spend one last evening full of good food and a game of Liverpool (which is a slight deviation from our usual Settlers of Catan).  We left with hugs, sad faces, and probably $100 worth of frozen food....  (Thanks again for that!)  We also left with a pink Bumbo.   

I am much too cheap to invest in something of this nature for my last child, as they didn't really come into popularity until Dylan was around, and bless his soul, his chubby legs just wouldn't fit into the holes. 

So, this video of a happy little girl is for you friends.  To show how much we love and adore you. 

I love her little waving feet and her little talking and smiles.

Tis the end of an era, for which I am sad.  We have made new friends, who will unfortunately also be leaving us soon.  :(  I guess we will have to make the most of them while we can. 

But, one last parting word:  Never fear friends!  I am sure that we will be making a trip to your new home state at some point in the future, and we will demand a rematch of major proportions.  Until then, I give you permission to live every day in anticipation of the day we can spend more time together!  :)

1 cool people read this:

Dan and Laura said...

Hooray for the Bumbo seat! Sorry about your friends leaving... Good luck to them. Guess you'll have to come visit them out west too! ;)