It seems that having children is some kind of time marker for me. Reminds me that I need a hair cut. Or maybe it is something about the hormones that makes me want a change, or that I am tired of dealing with what I have. As it turns out, the last time I got my hair cut was after Dylan was born. And the time before that was right before Kaitlyn was born. I, apparently, only get my hair cut every few years.
Well, it was about that time again. I was getting tired of washing my hair, then pulling strays out of my, um, well, my crack because they got stuck there when I rinsed it out. It doesn't look that long when it is dry, but when it is wet it adds a good 6 inches maybe? So I had my wonderful photographer (AKA Kaitlyn, the almost 5 yr old) take a BEFORE picture for me.
Based on my experience last time, about how curled and short it got, and how I wished it was off my neck, I went a little more conservative this time and told the stylist to only take off about 5-6 inches, instead of lopping of a whopping 10. She did a good job, but I am thinking about going back and cutting more. For one thing, she cut in layers, which at the time sounded like a good idea. The problem is that the bottom of my hair doesn't curl anywhere near as much as the top does, so it looks a bit strange where the layers fall. And... I think I think I might want to go shorter. Anywho, these then, I guess, are the intermediate AFTER pictures... We'll see if I get the guts to go and do it again... For your viewing pleasure:
My hair. Completely down.
Please ignore the multiple chins. I dont know where they came from. They must have grown just for the purpose of this picture. Also, I actually like the curls around my face right now. However, see below for the reason I don't wear my hair like this all the time.
Notice the longer/straighter layers at the bottom. Also notice I am not completely comfortable taking pictures of myself.
I actually don't mind it too much when it looks like this. Problem is: it doesn't look like this. This is what it looks like when it is wet, and still weighted down. As it dries, it not only shrinks up, but it poofs out. So, in a few hours, it no longer resembles this...
It looks a bit more like this....
Or this maybe. Which is not, exactly, the flattering look I was going for.
I look like a somewhat shocking puff ball... If you haven't played with my hair (which is most of you, since I am not a big hair player) you might find it hard to believe. But trust me when I say, that in the 80s, with the big hair and crimping... I would have been the height of fashion.


4 cool people read this:
Do you use any product? I know you're way more humid than we are. I didn't use product for years and years and years and years, but eventually I read a book called Curly Girl and it changed my life. Gel helps my curls not change as they dry (well, the shrinking it probably wouldn't prevent, but the fuzz it would...?) so that what I get when it's wet is almost the same as what I get when it's dry. CHANGED MY LIFE, or at least my opinions of my hair.
Oh by the way, I love the way the layers around your face look! Very cute :)
Those curls are gorgeous! I feel ya on needing a change. I'm going to cut mine tomorrow! :) Stay tuned. Yours looks great! Very healthy too. Beautiful! Can't help ya with the curls/frizz thing. :/
There is absolutely NO WAY you could ever ruin your hair. No matter what you do to it, it would still be beautiful, you lucky, lucky girl. It has your pretty face under it, silly! And, you always find cool ways to fix it. You're so talented that way.
Post a Comment